This Colt Commando was shipped to the Transportation Officer, Office of Strategic Services, Fowler Building in Rosslyn, Virginia on November 23rd, 1943. It was Colt Factory order #3529 in a 1,000 gun shipment.
This Colt Commando has the inspector marks "GHD" with a flaming bomb on the left side of the frame. The backstrap is roll marked "U.S. PROPERTY".
The inspector stamp of G.H.D. for Brigadier General Guy H. Drewry. B.G. Guy Drewry was the Army Inspector of Ordnance at the Springfield Ordnance District from June 17th, 1942 to July 15th 1945.