This Colt 1908 Pocket Hammerless was Shipped to the Camp Perry National Matches in Camp Perry, Ohio on August 25th, 1925. The factory letter states the records further indicate this pistol was returned to the factory on September 29th, 1925. It was then delivered to Capt. Paul J. Roberts at Camp Perry on September 29th, 1925.
This pistol features Colts fine brushed blue finish and factory pearl grips. The left side grip panel is inscribed "A F R".
When Cuno Helfricht retired in 1919 he was succeeded by Wilbur Glahn, who then continued as a Colt factory engraver until commercial production was halted at the start of WWII. This Glahn engraved specimen differs distinctively from the style of Helfrecht but is typical of WIlbur Glahn's work.