This Colt Camp Perry experimental prototype was one of the first 63 units produced. It was shipped on December 23rd, 1926 to the Murta, Appleton and Company of Philadelphia, PA in 10 gun shipment.
These early prototype models featured part smooth and part checkered set of stocks. The majority of these pre-production units were given to olympic target shooters and nationally known competition shooters. Colt would utilize this feedback to make changes before the production units would start shipping shortly thereafter.