This Colt Conversion Unit was sold to the United States Government. It was Shipped on December 23rd, 1942 to the U.S. Marine Corps at 1100 So. Broad Street in Philadelphia, PA on Colt's factory order 241 in a 15 gun shipment.
This later production conversion unit still has the serial number inscribed on the barrel and floating chamber by electric pencil. By this time the magazine had changed to fully blued from being two toned. The rear sight is also the 3rd type Stevens.
This Conversion Unit is accompanied by it's hinged lid maroon box and factory hang tag.