This Colt .22-45 Conversion Unit was shipped to the Connecticut State College / Military Department in Storrs, Connecticut on December 6th, 1939 in a 4 gun shipment.
In 1939 the Connecticut Military department was established to consolidate the offices of the Adjutant General, Quartermaster General, Armory Board and Armory Board Inspector. The department still remains intact as of this writing. The Military Department of the State of Connecticut's principle public responsibility is to serve as the protector of American citizens of the State and their property in time of war, invasion, rebellion, riot or disaster. It serves as the main resource for the Governor in ensuring public safety in a variety of emergencies.