This Colt Camp Perry Revolver was shipped May 5th, 1927 to the Montana Hardware Co. in Butte, Monatana in a single gun shipment. It features a fine brushed blue finish, walnut grips and a 10" barrel length. Accompanying this pistol is the original box
This particular pistol being early in the production cycle features a polished finish on the top surface of the hammer and the backstrap of the frame. Later in production Colt would create a matte finish in this area to reduce glare.
The Camp Perry pistols were built from the Officer's Model Target "E" frame. They featured a flat loading block which allowed for single 22LR cartridge to be loaded one at a time.
In 1934 the Camp Perry barrel was shortened to 8" and the action was altered to give a faster hammer drop.
The pistols initially were built for target competition use in slow fire matches to test shooters skills. Unfortunately the design and concept never became that popular and was never started back up after WWII.