This Colt Camp Perry Revolver was shipped May 27th, 1941 to a Jack Alves of Manchester Connecticut in a single gun shipment. It wears Colt's fine brushed blue finish and a set of walnut grips. The grip strap, hammer, cylinder release and trigger are checkered. This pistol features an 8" barrel and is accompanied by the original box, factory test target and screwdriver.
This particular pistol being late in the production cycle features a matte finish on the top surface of the hammer and the backstrap of the frame. This was in effort to improve sight picture and reduce glare that was seen on the earlier pistols with polished hammers and backstraps.
The Camp Perry pistols were built from the Officer's Model Target "E" frame. They featured a flat loading block which allowed for single 22LR cartridge to be loaded one at a time.
In 1934 the Camp Perry barrel was shortened to 8" and the action was altered to give a faster hammer drop.
The pistols initially were built for target competition use in slow fire matches to test shooters skills. Unfortunately the design and concept never became that popular and was never started back up after WWII.