This Colt Model 1909 Revolver was sold to the United States Government and was shipped to the Commanding Officer at the Ordnance Depot in the Manila, Philippine Islands on March 9th, 1911 in a 1,000 gun shipment.
The Model M1909 revolver was adopted by the US Armed Forces after the M1892 38 Long Colt was found inadequate in ballistic stopping power.
The left side of the frame is stamped with an “RAC” which stands for Rinaldo A. Carr who was a civilian inspector. It also was inspected by Major Walter G. Penfield (WGP) on the right side of the frame just behind the cylinder. Major Penfield was the inspector of ordnance from January 2nd, 1911 - September 30th, 1914.