This Colt Police Positive Revolver was shipped to Norvell Shapleigh Hardware Company in St. Louis, Missouri on June 17th, 1907 in a 40 gun shipment. It has a 4" barrel, has Colt's high polish blue finish, factory rubber grips and is chambered in 38.
The left side of the barrel is marked "Police Positive" and frame is marked "New Police". The New Police Colt was manufactured from 1896-1907 when it was replaced by the Police Positive. This particular revolver is one of the transitional models.