This Colt Police Positive Revolver was shipped to the Loan Account of F.S. Robertson of the Simmons Hardware Company in St. Louis, Missouri on May 25th, 1906 in a single gun shipment.
Special notations on this letter list "Skeleton" configuration. Factory Cut-Away pistols were sent to dealers for display for customers to be able to examine and understand how the internal systems operated.
The records further indicate that this subject revolver was returned to the factory on October, 10th, 1906. It was then shipped on the Loan Account to Frank P. Ford, address unknown on October 29th, 1906.