This Colt Service Model Ace was shipped May 8th, 1945 to the Officer in Charge at the Naval Supply Depot in Norfolk, Virginia. It was marked for "S.H.P." which is believed to be at a specific building or group at the Naval Depot. The thought is that it would help in routing the freight to correct warehouse where they needed it.
The factory letter on this pistol reads Blue, but as shown the pistol is wearing it's Parco-Lubrite finish. It's believed that the first batch of Parco-Lubrite pistols were built from pistols that were already finished in blue.
The inspector stamp of G.H.D. for Brigadier General Guy H. Drewry. B.G. Guy Drewry was the Army Inspector of Ordnance at the Springfield Ordnance District from June 17th, 1942 to July 15th 1945.